:: CVS/pharmacy Coupon Policy ::
General guidelines to further understand the application of CVS/pharmacy coupons (ExtraBucks and ExtraCare® Coupons) and third-party manufacturer coupons:
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept expired coupons.
- Coupons and their face value cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
- Competitor coupons are not accepted at CVS/pharmacy.
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept coupons for items not carried in our stores.
- CVS/pharmacy does not currently accept coupon bar code images displayed on a smartphone, iPhone, Droid etc.
- The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction.
- Sales tax must be paid if required by state law.
- Certain CVS/pharmacy coupons may be subject to state sales tax rules similar to third-party manufacturer coupons and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price.
- Third-party manufacturer coupons are coupons issued by a third party and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price.
- Language at the bottom of CVS/pharmacy coupons provides specific coupon acceptance rules.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines will be accepted at the discretion of CVS/pharmacy management.
- CVS/pharmacy will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept percent off coupons for sale and promotional items.
- In the event that any item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, CVS/pharmacy will accept the coupon only to the price of the item.
- CVS/pharmacy does not provide cash back in exchange for any coupons.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts one third-party manufacturer coupon and applicable
- CVS/pharmacy coupon(s) for the purchase of a single item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- The number of third-party manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- The coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
- CVS/pharmacy reserves the right to process coupons in any order.
Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- CVS/pharmacy accepts valid internet/print at home coupons containing a barcode.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept reproductions or rebates.
* Here are the main points which are not covered in the official coupon policy but posted separately in the FAQ sections at CVS.com.
Q. What type of coupons does CVS/pharmacy accept?
A. CVS/pharmacy accepts CVS/pharmacy Coupons (ExtraBucks® Rewards, offers at register or printed from CVS.com®) and valid internet/print at home coupons containing a barcode. We also accept original third party manufacturer coupons that contain a barcode and must not be a reproduction or a rebate.
Note: CVS/pharmacy will not accept third party manufacturers’ coupons with another retailer’s logo.
Q. Does CVS/pharmacy allow more than 1 coupon to be used per transaction?
A. Yes. CVS/pharmacy allows ONE CVS/pharmacy and ONE third party manufacturer coupon per item. A transaction is defined as the entirety of purchases on a single receipt. ExtraBucks® Rewards coupons can be applied toward the final cost. Normal exclusions apply. See the bottom of the ExtraBucks® Rewards coupon for details.
Note: Coupons cannot be applied to a “free” item.
Q. Do CVS/pharmacy rainchecks expire?
A. Rainchecks do not expire.
Q. What if I have a CVS/pharmacy coupon for the raincheck item?
A. The raincheck will extend the CVS/pharmacy coupon expiration date. Both the CVS/pharmacy coupon and raincheck must be presented at time of purchase. The raincheck will be attached to the CVS/pharmacy coupon by store personnel.
Q. What if I have a third party manufacturer’s coupon for the raincheck item?
A. CVS/pharmacy cannot accept a third party manufacturer coupon after it has expired.
Q. Are rainchecks offered on all sale items?
A. Rainchecks are only offered for regularly carried merchandise if a substitute item is not available.
Q. Can I return a product without a receipt?
A. ALL returns/refund are subject to Store Manager’s approval.
Returns with receipt:
Are allowed within 60 days of the purchase and are refunded to the customer in the same tender as (s)he paid for the original purchase with the exception of:
- Purchases paid for with a check will be refunded for cash;
- Purchases paid for with a debit card (when PIN number is entered at debit pad terminal) will be refunded for cash
- CVS/pharmacy Store Brands are 100% guaranteed
- A full refund of the purchase price for any reason with product and proof of purchase.
- Cosmetics are 100% guaranteed.
- Prepaid gift cards and money orders are not generally refundable.
Returns without receipt:
- A refund will be processed on a CVS/pharmacy Money Card.
- All sales are final on clearance and discontinued items
Q. What types of pharmacy coupons do you accept?
A. Here are guidelines surrounding pharmacy coupons: CVS/pharmacy does accept competitor coupon and transfer offers; however, matching or providing incentive for an automatic refill program is strictly prohibited. It is against CVS/pharmacy policy to accept this type of competitor coupon for enrollment in ReadyFill®.
Coupon offers are not valid and must not be honored for prescriptions paid for in whole or in part by state and or federal health care programs. These programs include Medicare, Medicaid and TriCare.
Coupons also are void where prohibited by law. Coupon offers are not valid for prescriptions purchased in the states of MA, NJ and NY, and on any prescription for a controlled dangerous substance in the states of HI and LA.
The gift card received from a coupon offer cannot be used to pay for the same purchase but can be used for future purchases.
CVS/pharmacy will not accept offers printed from unauthorized internet postings, copies or facsimiles of any offer. The original valid coupon must be presented at the time of purchase.
CVS sales run Sunday through Saturday. The Weekly Ad Matchups on Clip This Not That are compiled using the Dallas, Texas area CVS ad. Price may vary by location, so please check your local Aldi ad to make sure the prices on Clip This Not That match those at your local CVS.