Take Control of Your Life is a mini series on how to take back your life by doing small things that can make a difference. Each day will feature 5 tips on how to take control of your life. Today’s topic: Conquering Your Time & Hobbies. I hope you enjoy .
Read other days:
1. One of the best weapons against time is your kitchen timer. Set your kitchen timer for 15 minutes for a task and see what you can accomplish in 15 minutes. You might even surprise yourself. You can clean and organize ALOT in 15 minutes if you set your mind to it and don’t have any distractions.
2. Keep a yearly datebook (online or paper) and jot down all birthdays and major dates to remember. This will help you make sure you just don’t “forget” one of those special days. Another big event is to place your bill payment dates on there (if you don’t already do autopay!).
3. Does scrapbooking overwhelm you? Purchase a scrapbooking file folder at your local scrapbooking store or online at Organize.com that will help you organize by event. Create each tab for an event and place any paper, embellishments or photos inside to help group items together. When you go to build your pages, everything will already be there, saving you time to do what you enjoy.
4. Set time aside to do your favorite hobbies. Regardless if it is 15 minutes or an hour, plan at least 1 day a week to do something that you love doing. You will be a happier person for doing so!
5. After developing your pictures, label the photo cover at the store. It takes less than a minute to do so, and you will never wonder where those photos of the trip to New York went.