Take Control of Your Life is a mini series on how to take back your life by doing small things that can make a difference. Each day will feature 5 tips on how to take control of your life. Today’s topic: Conquering Clutter- Part 3. I hope you enjoy .
Read other days:
1. I will admit, this one is hard for me. We all like to tear out articles and never read them. Keep a box for things that you plan on reading/doing. If possible, write the date on the top so that you know when you tore the article out. After 2 months if you haven’t read it yet, be honest with yourself and go ahead and throw them out.
2. Consolidate your cleaning products by only keeping five basic products: all-purpose cleaner, wood polish, glass cleaner, abrasive cleaner and floor cleaners. If you have a pet, make sure you also keep a good floor spot stain treatment.
3. Conquer those awful cables by using the ties from your bread. Add a small label to each cable so that you can figure out which cable belongs to what. If you want something a little more professional looking try Dotz cord identifiers.
4. It is scientifically proven that with clutter in the bedroom the faster your brain will allow you to go to sleep. Go ahead and clear off your nightstand and only have the essentials sitting there. Every more when you wake up, you will feel less stressed because your brain will feel clear instead of focusing on the clutter.
5. Its that time of year again, putting away the Christmas decorations. Most of us are guilty of having way too many Christmas decorations. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, go through your decorations and only put away the pieces that matter the most to you. Donate any excess items and let someone else enjoy them. When packing away your decorations, label and inventory your boxes so that next year you can find everything that you are looking.