Going green can help save money as well as our planet. Here are some green friendly tips on how to go green.
- Take a shorter shower. Save 25 gallons of water by showering 5 minutes less. Every 2 minutes you save on your shower can conserve more than 10 gallons of water.
- Use shampoo bottle made from post-consumer recycled plastic, which reduces waste.
- Use fewer plastic bags. If everyone used just 2 less plastic bags per week, we would save enough bags in a year to wrap around the earth more than 126 times when tied handle to handle.
- Unplug unused electronics. In the average home, 25% of the electricity used to power home electronics is consumed while the product is turned off.
Want to purchase some items that can help save the earth while saving you money? Here are some suggestions:
- Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo and Conditioner – Made from post-consumer recycled plastic, which reduces waste.
- Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner, 1400-7 – This little cleaner helps with spot cleaning, while using post-consumer recycled plastic.
- Printworks Recycled Multipurpose Paper – Paper is one of the biggest resources that we use, recycled paper can help keep trees alive.
- Honey-Can-Do Lightweight Recycled Plastic Hangers, 60-Pack, Black - Made from post-consumer recycled plastic, which reduces waste.
- Seventh Generation White Paper Towels – These paper towels are great and are cheaper than the non-recycled ones!
Want to learn more about how you can help the environment? You can find information on environmental studies classes here.